1. The PCB circuit board, the so-called printed circuit board (printed circuit board), usually called rigid board. It is a support in electronic components and is an important electronic component. PCB generally use FR4 glass fiber board as the substrate, also called rigid board, which cannot be bent and flexed. PCB boards are generally used in the places where there is no need to bend and have relatively hard strength, such as computer motherboards, mobile phone motherboards, etc.
2. FPC, in fact, belongs to a kind of PCB circuit board, but it has a great difference with the traditional printed circuit board. It is called a soft board and is called a flexible circuit board. FPC generally uses PI as a substrate and is a flexible material that can be bent and flexed arbitrarily. FPCs generally operate on links that require repeated flexing and small parts, but now it's not just that. At present, smartphones are trying to be bendable, which requires the use of FPC as a key technology.
3. In fact, FPC is not only a flexible circuit board, but also an important design method for establishing a body circuit structure. This structure can be combined with other electronic product designs to construct a variety of different applications. From a point of view, FPC is very different from PCB boards.
4. For PCB boards, unless the lines are made in a three-dimensional form by way of film glue, the boards are flat in general. Therefore, to make full use of the three-dimensional space, FPC is a good solution. In terms of hard boards, the current space extension scheme is to use slots and interface cards, but the FPC can make a similar structure with the transit design, and the directional design is also more flexible. With a piece of connected FPC, two hard boards can be connected into a set of parallel line systems, or they can be turned into any angle to suit different product shapes.
5. Of course, FPC can use the terminal connection method for line connection, but it is also possible to avoid these connection mechanisms by using soft and hard boards. A single FPC can configure many rigid boards and connect them by layout. This approach eliminates connector and terminal interference and improves signal quality and product reliability.
The difference between PCB and PCBA
What is a PCB? How did PCBA evolve? What is the difference between PCB and PCBA? Let's take a closer look below.
PCB is the abbreviation of Printed Circuit Board. Because it is made by electronic printing, it is called "printing" circuit board. PCB is an impor...